3.30.2010

Tummy Tuesday

Nothing new on the baby front this week, per se. We get the BIG NEWS about the baby's gender on Friday when we go to get our ultrasound. So we'll find out what Next Friday is on Good Friday. It's all just too darling. And then I can release my mother from the shackles I put her in when I told her she couldn't shop until she knew what we were having. She really has behaved herself these past few months so kudos to you Moo Lady.
I did read that when you are pregnant you should not sleep on your back but have found myself going to sleep on my side and every time I wake up (mainly to PEE!) I'm on my back. To attempt to thwart this behavior I purchased a body pillow over the weekend. It seems to be helping but it is strange. I don't know how I feel about straddling an inanimate object during my slumber.
I saw the doctor on Thursday and he told me that what I thought was the baby moving probably isn't and that when I did finally feel it move I would be able to tell the difference. I'm starting to wonder if these random feelings in my tummy are nothing more than round ligament pain (a.k.a. growing pains). He said I was healthy and the heartbeat sounded good and after I peed in a cup and got my vitals taken I was out the door. 30 minutes in the waiting room, 5 being seen. Nice.

Here's what babycenter.com says about 19 weeks:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

4 comments:

Coodence said...

Next Friday on Good Friday! Awesome. Then you can go to church.

ceedee said...

mmmm....pickled baby....

Shora said...

You must blog the MOMENT you return! ;)

I never got that flutter comparison. When I was about 20 weeks I realized what I thought were little gas bubbles popping in my tummy were getting stronger and that's what eventually grew into full blown acrobatics. So fun!

hotdrwife said...

OOOOOOH, so exciting!!!

I was completely wrong on Bug's sex, by the way. So it's good I hadn't shopped before hand, or he'd be dressed to the hilt in pink.