3.10.2010

RIP Corey Haim

Boy oh boy. What girl (or perhaps homosexual young man) growing up in the 80s and early 90s didn't have a crush on one of the Coreys? You'd be hard pressed to find one. I was partial to Corey Haim. Something about that innocent face combined with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes made me want him for my boyfriend so bad! Lucas, Lost Boys, Dream A Little Dream, License to Drive... yup, those were the movies my childhood was made of.
I was pretty sad when I heard the DJ on the radio announce almost in passing that Corey Haim was found dead in a Burbank apartment this morning. Like it was no big deal and he had other gossip to report that was far more interesting. It seems to have been an accidental overdose and his mother was there. I don't know what's sadder... his death or the fact that one of the hottest movie stars of my childhood was living with his mother in a Burbank apartment at the age of 38. I tuned into another radio station to see if they had more details and the DJs jokingly said they thought the kid that used to dress up like Michael Jackson would be the one to go first.
Not sure what the purpose of this post is. I guess it's just sad to see pieces of your childhood die. Poor Corey Haim, you know? He had so much potential and in an instant POOF! It's gone. Just a reminder not to take anything for granted I suppose.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Lindsay Lohan, this could be you so clean up your act already.

3 comments:

Coodence said...

I read it here first! Thanks for letting me know, ho! That is a bummer.

April said...

I was going to be like, "NO! HE'S MINE!" But alas, there's no need to fight over someone who's not here anymore. =(

And yeah, Lindsay is on her way...it's a shame really.

Lisa..... said...

I tought it was sad to. And I was for Corey Haim over Feldman...