3.17.2010

Happy St. Paddie's

Black & Tan and a Green Beer

Last year those tasty treats would have been my game plan for the night, kicking off right at 5 p.m. and basically going until drunkenness. Sadly, it was not meant to be this year. Instead of green beers, Black & Tans and shots of Bailey's Irish Creme all night I will be taking the elderly to Chinese for dinner and then visiting my dad in the hospital. Oh and there's that whole pregnancy thing. Can you say debauchery?
I was listening to the Kevin & Bean morning show and Ralph was drunkenly explaining how St. Patrick's Day came to be. That the real reason you're all getting wasted today is because Patrick over there thought it was a great idea to introduce Catholicism to Ireland. Did you know the shamrock's three leaves represent the Holy Trinity (a.k.a. the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost)? Me neither! However, I believe Ralph summed it best when he mentioned how Patrick's need to spread his religion only led to years and years of struggle and problems for the Irish that continue to this day.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Catholicism drives you to drink.

1 comment:

Lisa..... said...

Good Job St. Patrick. If it makes you feel better, I'll be passing on the beer too. But that's because I always do.


my word: recess- which is exactly what I need. Spring recess! No school next week.