2.01.2010

Book Review Monday

I've completed the third of four books written by Stephenie Meyer about vegetarian, no-sex-havin' vampires, sexy werewolves and a whiny teenager named Bella. Ok, I'm being unfair. Truth is I'm having a hard time distinguishing Bella from the actress who plays her in the movies and I'm just over looking at Kristen Stewart in the gossip pages. Why won't she smile? She gets to kiss hot dudes and act for a living? Ugh. But I digress.
So. Eclipse. I bought this book for $5 so it was a steal. And it was entertaining. I just don't get how teenagers aren't trying to do the nasty a lot more than they are in these books. I mean, aside the fact that I think the author is Mormon. The way she describes Jacob the werewolf and Edward the vampire, you know there are some hormones a firin' and these are some good lookin' dudes. Then again, teens, just say "no" because abstinence and/or safe sex is a lot easier than being pregnant. Trust me. I know. Anyway. I am totally team Jacob. I'll take the hot-blooded, feisty rebel over the undead gentleman any day.
Here's my dilemma. I don't want to buy the fourth book in hardcover and I really don't do the library. And I don't know if I can really devote myself to reading Breaking Dawn right now. I keep wondering how this series is going to going to wrap up. Am I going to be disappointed? Does she get better at describing the fight scenes? Stuff like that. I guess if you have read it, drop me a line and let me know how you felt about it but no spoilers please. Thanks.

4 comments:

Sassy said...

For fucks sake: GET THE BOOK. It's the best one!! Don't deny yourself this book! It's fucked up, hot, the whole nine yards!!

Can I say the eff word anymore...

Coodence said...

Sassy's funny.

The writing doesn't get any better, but the story is pretty good.

Rainwolf said...

Have to agree with Sassy, it is the best one.

Lisa..... said...

The end killed for me. I already hated Bella and the abstinence agenda. But you can read ours if you wanna.