2.23.2010

Baby Talk Tuesday

I didn't feel like waiting 'til Thursday so you get updates now. Yesterday I went for the ultrasound and got to see the little being that's living in my belly! What an amazing thing to see. It suddenly all feels very real and exciting. At one point it raised its little fist up like it was either:
a.) waving
b.) saying "fight the power"
c.) singing into an invisible mic
So cute. It was really busy floating around and very active and its heartbeat was nice and strong. The doctor just kept saying how good everything looked but we have a 7-day wait to hear how the blood test went. Next ultrasound is on 4/2 - Good Friday! - and we get to find out if its a boy or a girl. Put an end to the mystery already.
As for me? It's been a week since I vomited though I did brush my tongue too hard this morning and dry heaved for about 5 minutes. Good times. I went from sleeping 12 hours a night to falling asleep early and waking up at unreasonable times and struggling with what can I only assume is insomnia at odd intervals of my sleep. I think I'll start setting the alarm for 6 a.m. again and walk the dumb dog. I used to be able to chug water out of a Nalgene bottle at my desk all day long but all of a sudden I can only drink out of a glass now. Something about the taste. I also get full really quickly on not a lot of food. I'm sure that will go out the window sooner or later though and the whole "eating for 2" will kick in. Apparently the baby bump is there because my sister-in-law commented on that yesterday.

Here's what babycenter.com says:
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now (just like Crusty and I as toddlers!). If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

3 comments:

ceedee said...

If she's anything like us, I am pretty sure she was singing into an invisible mic!

BTW my word is bosomm. As in your bosomm is getting bigger and bigger LOL

Lisa..... said...

yay baby!

Eating for two, hmmm, after my morning sickness went away I never ate like normal for the rest of the pregnancy. It was always something...heartburn, etc. But I did learn to eat veggies while I was pregnant, because I wanted a healthy baby. Who knew getting knocked up at 16 would make me healthier?

Coodence said...

Hooray! Glad it's all coming together.