1.13.2010

Sick

I'm playing a game right now where I'm trying to distinguish being "sick" from being pregnant. Over the holidays, I got a pretty incredible stomach flu. Lots of folks thought it was just morning sickness but then Husband got it so we ruled that out. Then, last weekend I had my first experience with morning sickness. It wasn't too bad. Just threw up a bit and went on about my business. Sunday night, though, I felt like I was getting a flu. I was achy and tired and uncomfortable. So I stayed home from work on Monday. When I went back yesterday I was still not feeling well. Lots of coughing and just all around ickiness but I sucked it up and saw the day through. And I went back today even though I was still not feeling so hot this morning. When I got to work, I booted. And it was WAY more serious than over the weekend. So I called the doctors (primary physician and the OBGYN) and I was told there was nothing they could do for me. So I left, stocked up on Robitussin, Sudafed and cough drops at the local Walgreen's and came home to rest. And promptly booted again. Now it's chicken noodle soup, saltines and pajamas. Ah, to be susceptible to every freakin' virus that comes down the track.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: I bet you wish I stuck to book and movie reviews.

2 comments:

Lisa..... said...

Aww, feel better. I just remember being EXHAUSTED all of the time when I was preggo.

ceedee said...

hope you feel better xoxo