1.04.2010

Movie Review Monday

On the very first Christmas Day away from my family in the history of Christmases I've celebrated, the in-laws, Husband and I went to see It's Complicated. I knew I'd like this movie and it would have some laughs (especially because of the presence of both Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin) but I had no idea just how hard it would crack me up. Not just me, but a theater that I think had to be at capacity.
My TV boyfriend John Krasinski (a.k.a. Jim from The Office) is also in this movie and he is super funny and cute and plays a really good straight man. But really? It's all about Alec Baldwin. That man has the ability to say anything in the world and make it sound hilarious.
Meryl Streep is also very good in this movie but I am on the fence about her. There. I said it. But her character does have a gorgeous dream house in Santa Barbara that made me homesick for the coast of Oxnard while I was sitting in 30 degree weather in Michigan.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

On the fence about 2009 Meryl or all Meryl? She was epic in Devil Wears Prada, but I haven't seen a lot of her older stuff.

That musical movie made me upset. I couldn't watch it.

I too love Alec Baldwin. What's not to love?