1.06.2010

Humpday Movie Review

In case it's not blatantly obvious, I didn't do much in Michigan. Mostly I read and watched movies and visited with Husband's family. Also? I'm really tired and am lacking motivation for blog posts. Did you know that pregnant women are really zombie hosts for their vampire fetuses? You read it here first, people.
So! Sherlock Holmes! Oh, Robert Downey, Jr. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! I won't really but I can't think of a better actor as of right now. He so seamlessly adapts to any role and he's so natural at it right? And he's not too hard on the eyes so ... yeah.
I've been anxiously awaiting this movie because I'm a fan of Guy Ritchie movies. Well most of them anyway. This one proved to be one of the good ones. I don't know that I recall seeing Jude Law act prior to this one but he and RD Jr. really do have magnificent chemistry. I guess there are homo-erotic undertones to their Watson/Holmes relationship but I didn't really notice that. Mostly I just noticed how dope the recreated London scenery was and how good the actors were and how interesting the mystery turned out to be.
The dialogue is muy rapido and plot development moved quite quickly. RD Jr. is in epic physical condition and made for some very believable fight scenes. I especially liked his analysis prior to his actions and seeing them unfold ten times faster than his original thoughts. Definitely make this a movie to see.

No comments: