12.16.2009

In Bruges

I've had this on the Netflix queue for some time now. I've even read a review about it written by my dear pal Crusty. I suppose now it's time to write my own even though I normally reserve my reviews for Mondays. Oh well. The holidays have me all kinds of off track as far as this ol' blogging gig goes. Anyhoo, Husband and I watched In Bruges last night. I had heard some good things about this movie and thus I wanted to see it. Plus, Colin Farrell is very easy on the eyes and I can't recall actually seeing him act in anything so I thought I'd give it a go. That's probably not even a true statement, by the way. It's just easier to say that than try and remember what the hell I've seen him in.
So this is a story of two hit-men that are sent to Bruges, Belgium to go into hiding. You see, one of them killed a kid (accidentally) but that goes over like a fart in church in the underworld it seems. They're supposed to lay low until a decision is made on how to rectify the situation but you know how that goes. Mischief and mayhem ensues and all that jazz. Husband and I both agree that the dialogue in this movie is simply epic. It's very funny and it's all said in a British or Irish accent so it's doubly entertaining. Like, they say "Fuke" for fuck and "Coont" for cunt and that's just hilarious. However, this movie, while very funny, is also very dark and very gory. I really recommend it because it's quite unlike most of the movies I have seen. Dare I say it's "daring?" I may. Plus Ralph Fiennes is just such a good bad guy! Harry Potter much? Voldemort? Yeah. You know what I'm talking about.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: "Try it, you might like it." - Danny Wood of NKOTB fame... Or was it Donnie Wahlberg. Crust?

2 comments:

ceedee said...

oh lord, I have no idea! Haha!

Lisa..... said...

I liked the movie too. I don't care much for the way Colin Farrel looks but I'm a sucker for an accent.