11.30.2009

Movie Review Monday


'Tis the season for holiday movies and I'm happy to say we went to see Disney's A Christmas Carol to kick it off. In 3-D even. And I didn't get a migraine. Winners all the way around. The best part about this movie was being able to see it with Husband and my uncle who flew in for Thanksgiving from Germany and it was a total surprise. I have nothing but good things to say about this movie. It was very beautiful and dark and interesting. I can't say I've ever seen anything like it. I had my doubts at first because of how terrifying Tom Hanks looked in that Polar Express movie I never saw but they've come a long way with the animation. I love how it stayed very true to Dicken's story.

And of course seeing that made me nostalgic for a couple other classics:

Did you all watch this growing up? Mickey's Christmas Carol was probably my first introduction to this story and I get all misty thinking about it. I was about 6 years old and Santa brought it to me on VHS and I loved it so much. I was thrilled to find out Husband carries fond memories of this movie as well. If you haven't seen it, go and get it. It's muy wonderful.


And of course, Scrooged. What's funny about this particular movie is that it came up in conversation after we left the theater and it just happened to be on that night on HBO. My God this movie is hilarious. They just don't make them like this any more. Bill Murray is a comedic genius and with just a goofy face can throw me into hysterics.

So there you go. If you're not in the Christmas spirit yet, warm up your DVD player and get into it now.

1 comment:

ceedee said...

can't wait to watch Scrooged!
I also love the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas - always reminds me of my mom!