11.18.2009

Lights, Camera, Action!

One of my responsibilities here at the old workplace is to provide the necessary paperwork that allows trucks full of our product to cross the Mexican border. It's nothing too difficult, I merely make an invoice and fax it to the trucker and the broker and I'm on my way. However, it does require that I get a bill of lading from our vendor so I am pretty much at their mercy when it comes to getting paperwork ready. Sometimes, I'm forced to come in on a Saturday morning and that happened to be the case this past weekend.
Since I am the only one in the office at 7 AM on a Saturday, I usually just throw on my pajamas and head on into the office with Kiyah as my sidekick. This past Saturday I was wearing the oh-so-sexy attire of a purple Kings hat, a black Nightmare Before Christmas sweatshirt that proudly boasts Jack Skellington's big ol' face, my blue pajama pants bedecked with moose that say "I don't do mornings" and my slip-on, Ugg-wannabe slippers. I have to admit, I was a vision without make-up, without even having brushed my teeth, maybe with some eye boogers still crusted in the corners of my eyes. In other word? The hotness. Shock of all shocks, when I pulled into my parking lot at work, it was full of crew members setting up for a Ford commercial shoot that a co-worker of mine is starring in. There was even a tent for craft services. Luckily for me, I had Kiyah - the cutest, most popular dog ever - as a distraction so no one really paid attention to the hot mess I was. Funny, they never even offered to cast me as an extra.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Always leave the house dressed for success, you never know who you might meet.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

I heart that sweatshirt. Can I borrow it?