8.26.2009

So Close

Last Tuesday I went to meet with my academic adviser to make sure I am on the fast track to graduation. She gave me some unfortunate news that I had 6 units taken away from my transferred credits and I was 1 unit short of my lower division Spanish requirements. The good news she gave me was that I only needed two classes this semester and 1 class and a capstone in the spring and I was good to go. All I had to do was contest with records that they had made a mistake and then petition to the chair of my department that I had some other classes under my belt that should cover that 1 missing unit.
Last night I got an email saying that it was indeed a mistake that the 6 units were taken away so they reinstated them and now that is one less thing I need to think about. Today I get to meet with the chair and plead my case. I cannot believe I am three classes and a capstone away from graduating with a bachelors in Spanish. It's really happening. I'll be the first person in my immediate family to graduate from college.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Persistence pays off.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Hooray!

Coodence said...

So close!!!

April said...

Good for you! What an accomplishment. You're the shit. =)

Sassy said...

Woot! Woot!
You can do it!!

Lisa..... said...

Yay!