8.13.2009

Huey Lewis Kind Of Summer

Back In Time

Husband and I for some reason got on a Back to the Future kick a while back and we bought the DVD. If you haven't watched it in a while, I highly recommend it. It hasn't lost any of its original charm, in my opinion, thought it is extremely cheesy. Ah, the 80s. We happened to take note of Huey Lewis' cameo and his appearance on the soundtrack. In passing, Husband said we should buy a greatest hits album. Shortly thereafter, when the posters came out advertising the Ventura County fair, I happened to see that none other than Huey Lewis and the News would be performing. We, of course, had to go. And we did. And we had a great time and even bought the tee shirts you see above. Then things started to get weird. The next day we decided to go to our local used CD vendor, Salzer's Records, to purchase a greatest hits CD to commemorate our concert attendance. Under the actual Huey Lewis slot, we only found Sports and Fore! but no greatest hits. I wasn't about to settle for these CDs so I headed over to the new arrivals and lo and behold - there it was, the CD you see above. What are the odds that someone recently sold their greatest hits CD just for me? When we compared the tracks on the GH CD to the tracks on Sports and Fore! we saw there was only song not represented, a favorite of BFF,"Hip to be Square." We decided we could live without it and purchased 1 instead of 2 Huey Lewis CDs. Here's where it gets weirdest. After our trip to Salzers, we decided to go to the market. Wouldn't you know it, on the overhead music being piped into our local Vons, "Hip to be Square" was playing. There is a larger force at hand here. I'm not sure if I should be in awe or filled with terror. Oh, Huey.

2 comments:

ceedee said...

The Heart of Rock n' Roll is still beatin'.....

Coodence said...

Dude, I love back to the future. And Huey Lewis and the news. Car trips to Wisconsin in the late 80s.