8.06.2009

Behind The Times

A while back I read that Julie Andrews autobiography and most of it focused on her time on Broadway and in London Theater doing My Fair Lady. I realized I had never seen this before and since I am a lover of musicals I put it on my Netflix queue even though Julie Andrews wasn't the star, Audrey Hepburn was. Rex Harrison, however, reprised his role as Professor Henry Higgins so I thought I would get at lease a good feel for it. Turns out, I didn't like it much. This movie was three hours long. The music wasn't particularly catchy in my opinion. And can I say for the first quarter of the movie I thought I was going to have to rip off my ears to keep from hearing Hepburn's screeching Cockney accent. Good Lord. Anyway, this wasn't really supposed to be a movie review but more of a question forum for those of you who like the "old movie" genre and thought this film was the cat's pajamas. Oh and here's a ***SPOILER ALERT*** for those of you that have yet to see this 45-year old movie:
At the end, when Eliza returns to Henry, is it in a romantic way? I mean, she's supposedly 21 and he's got to be at least 60... are they lovers? Or is it more of a situation where she's his daughter/person who brings him his slippers?
Help me out here.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

I've only seen parts of this one, dude. So I don't know the answer.

Lisa..... said...

And I think it's not even Hepburn singing.

Give me Marry Poppins any day.