8.05.2009

205

That number up there is the most I have weighed in my life thus far. I have not had children, nor am I with child. However, I am (according to the BMI calculator) "obese." I don't feel "obese" but I definitely feel like I have been alternating the same 2 pairs of jeans for some time as they are the only bottoms that fit me. I certainly can't just pull a size 12 (or even a 14!) off the rack and just throw it on. So drastic times called for drastic measures and I am pleased to report I have been taking baby steps to start a lifestyle change that I hope will lead to some weight loss. I realize now that making lofty goals just don't work so right now I'm hardly looking beyond 24 hours at a time. Some milestones? Well, I have not had a beer in 2 weeks and 2 days. I haven't puffed in a week and a day. And I have gone two week nights so far without having a glass of wine after work. I have also not dipped into the neverending candy drawer here at the office for 3 whole work days. I'm walking the dog. Not eating after 7 pm. Watching my portions. But most of all I'm coming to terms with the fact that I didn't put on these 40 extra pounds overnight so they certainly aren't going to melt off overnight. And most importantly, I'm not expecting results and will not even check my progress until the end of August.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: It's not a race, it's a marathon.

3 comments:

Lisa..... said...

I feel ya. 164.8 here and that's the most I have ever weighed. I ran 4 days last week, FOUR. And I gained a pound. But I am going to keep working.

Coodence said...

It's a marathon, not a race! That's what I always say!!

Sassy said...

Good luck to you. I'm on the same boat. Worked out twice this week. Trying to eat a whole lot better...blah blah blah. I'm just so worried about the future. I don't want to be the fat mom, or the mom who won't/can't do things with her son, like kick a ball around.
I'd rather be the MILF! lol