7.22.2009

Perspective

I think I have come to the conclusion that summer vacation does nothing for me. I am clearly someone who thrives on stress and deadlines and having too much to do. I know, it came as a shock to me, too. I'm someone who, if given the choice, would spend all day in her jammies, curled up with a good book, under a quilt, sporadically napping. However, an idle brain is the devil's workshop and too much time to think just isn't good for me. Have you ever been in a position where you think everything is peachy keen until the peanut gallery joins in with one too many opinions and it completely changes your way of thinking? That sort of happened to me this week and it has got me really wanting to shake things up in my life. I won't list them or make promises to keep to these "new" goals, but something hit me like a light and I know now I'm ready for some big changes. First thing that comes to mind is being grateful for what I have as opposed to longing for what I don't.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

No comments: