6.01.2009

Golf

Now that I'm a newlywed, it only seems right that I take up some sort of old person sport that I can play with my husband, right? For my wedding gift, Buzz gave me my very own set of clubs and a pair of fancy golf shoes. On Saturday morning, we set out to the driving range at the Port Hueneme Navy base. I got to pick out my very first golf glove and we got a $6 large bucket of balls and set out to the tee. Let me just state for the record that my golf experience is limited to a few shots at the Sportmart indoor driving range when I worked there in the late 90s and a few rounds putt putt golf at Golf N' Stuff throughout my early childhood. In other words? None. I have to give Buzz props. He is an amazing teacher and within an hour I managed to hit a couple balls past the 100 yard marker and made contact with the ball more often than not. Of course, the "big ball" also known as our planet Earth also got hit quite a bit but I think she'll recover. Two days later, I can still feel soreness on my left side but apparently that's a sign I'm doing things right. I'll let you guys know when I join the LPGA.

5 comments:

Buzz said...

You looked so hot doing it too!

Jessica said...

Good luck! I was supposed to take up golfing after I got married, but I had a baby instead. Golf might have been a better option.

Coodence said...

Ha! Awesome. I love Jessica's response!!

Lisa..... said...

The couple that golfs together stays together?

Nancy gurl said...

My husband has tried to get me to golf for three years. I just like the cart and the beers. Oh, and the cute little skirts at Golfsmith.