3.23.2009

Movie Review Monday

It sort of goes without saying that I love these guys. Probably the first time I saw Paul Rudd (Clueless of course!) I fell in love with him. On the flight home from Berlin I even watched a sort of awful movie he and Michelle Pfeiffer did just because he was in it. In case you care, it's called I Could Never Be Your Woman. It's an Amy Heckerling (Clueless again!) movie that has some of the same cast. Anyhoo... Let's keep this train of thought on the tracks shall we?
Jason Segel proved he is leading man material in Forgetting Sarah Marshall so I guess for this flick he wanted to give Rudd the same chance. Buzz mentioned he's not used to seeing Rudd in a starring role but he did a solid job in Role Models... I guess he's just better as the smart ass sidekick than he is as the lead in a romantic comedy.
This is not to say I didn't love I Love You, Man. There is an all star cast of comedy geniuses and they are all very good at what they do. While I can actually look at Rashida Jones now and not hate her for dating Jim, it was close to impossible to accept Jaime Pressly being someone other than Joy (Must See TV on NBC Thursdays much?). Jane Curtin? I want to be you when I grow up. I laughed a lot watching ILYM but I didn't laugh so hard that my lungs felt like they were going to explode. I wiped away nary a tear of hysterical laughter. I thought it was a lovely way to close out an awesome Saturday though. If I had to be an Entertainment Weekly reviewer - I'd give it a solid B.

2 comments:

Buzz said...

Anybody want a peanut?

Lisa..... said...

I saw that movie today. I also did not laugh my ass off, but I did laugh. And wierdly thought of my husband...He has no guy friends in SoCal. They all live in NorCal.