3.24.2009

Belated

Yesterday was my grandparents' 84th birthday. Yes, they have the same birthday. Same anniversary, too. Crazy right? I put these pictures on flickr last night and this morning I was greeted with flickr mail in my inbox asking me to add this particular photo to a group specifically for pictures of grandparents. I thought that was really nice. Last night I brought Gran and Grandpa greasy tacos from one of our favorite local drive-in's Win's. When I told the guy behind the counter that it was their 84th birthday and all they wanted was dinner from his spot, he gladly kicked me down two free orders of fries in celebration. I don't know why I'm blogging this really. Maybe someday I will look back on this post and smile. Maybe it's because last night another patron at Win's started to chat it up with me about how much he still misses his mother who had passed away and how I should cherish every moment with my old folks. He reminded me how easy it is to complain about taking them places and going out of our way to visit but what we're not realizing is that life is short. I guess today I'm just appreciating the fact that my mom's folks are still around and as crazy as they may be, I'm glad to have them in my life.

4 comments:

Coodence said...

That's a great picture! Looks totally old skool!

ceedee said...

Oh Granules....Happy Birfday! Er-ah. Also, greetings and salutations to the fat man :)

Jessica said...

I haven't been to Oxnard in a bazillion years. Now I need Win's.

Buzz said...

Thahht gawd-darn fowa is backwahds.

Happy Belated to the Gran Rents!