2.25.2009

Persistence Pays Off Humpday

I am pleased to announce that the great zipper debacle of '09 has come to an end. Last Wednesday I briefly touched on the failure of my second attempt at a repair. Before I bring you the awe inspiring climax I suppose I should let you know a bit more about the failure. Or perhaps a brief recap will suffice?
  • Zipper ripped when I tried to squeeze fresh-out-of-the-dryer jeans over my ever expanding hips
  • Jeans were brought to be repaired, $7
  • "Repaired" zipper refused to keep its teeth together
  • Jeans were brought back to be repaired again, $0 but a bit of a tongue lashing
  • "Repaired" zipper refused to stay up. At all. Like I bent over to tie my shoes, zipper was down. I sneeze, zipper down. I breathe, zipper down. You get the gist.
  • Owner of jeans accepts defeat at said "repair" shop
In a last ditch attempt to salvage my most favorite pair of overpriced jeans, I brought them to another dry cleaner where prior to this visit I'd had great success with the cleaning/restoration of my suede purse. I explained to the lady there that I knew these jeans were tight but she wasn't allowed to comment on that. And although I wear my jeans snug, the zipper manages to remain up. I gladly paid the $15 fee and went on my merry way. Well, I picked up my thrice repaired jeans last night and am wearing them this morning. The zipper has yet to fail me.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

Woohoo!! You're like the tiny engine who could.

My word verification is Funkoses

a disease of the funk.

Jason said...

That's serious dedication!