2.24.2009

Lent

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. For those of you who aren't familiar with religion and all the fun stuff that goes along with it, Ash Wednesday is the beginning of Lent. Lent ends on Easter. During that time, if you are a good Catholic or what have you, you give something up so you can relate to the sacrifice Jesus made for us. That sacrifice being His life for our sins. So you can see how it makes sense that Jesus died and a bunch of goofy ass Catholics decide they'll give up candy for 40 odd days to see what it was like to walk a mile in His sandals.
I am one such goofy ass, albeit lapsed, Catholic. Since all attempts at dieting and self-control seemed to have failed me thus far, I am going to give up desserts for Lent. Cookies, candies, crepes, chocolates, jelly beans, ice cream, cakes... you name it, I'm off of it. And I'm doing it all in Jesus' name. Amen.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Hallelujah! (What ever that means)

Coodence said...

Amen!

Lisa..... said...

Next week, on Monday starts the 19 day (Bahai) fast for me. No food from sunrise until sunset. Good Luck to us. It's always hardest at the end for me.