2.05.2009

Bladder Cystoscopy Snippets

  • Check-in was at 11:15, surgery was at 1 pm.
  • I was out of the hospital by 2:30.
  • Didn't have anything to eat since dinner the night before.
  • I slept a lot in the morning to avoid being hungry.
  • This of course was after working from 6:30 - 8 am.
  • The nurse attempted to find a vein for my IV three times without success.
  • These three attempts were what some would call "Owee."
  • My mom told her to find someone who knew what they were doing.
  • The anesthesiologist got my IV in his first try - no pain, no bruising.
  • My right arm has two very ugly bruises now thanks to nurse dipshit.
  • The surgery lasted a whopping 10 minutes.
  • I woke up out of anesthesia pretty much immediately.
  • First thing I asked for was a cheeseburger and a cup of coffee.
  • The nurse gave me apple juice. Not the same.
  • Got to pee in a bed pan, lying down, for the first time.
  • Haven't had any side effects at all aside from today's headache.

5 comments:

Coodence said...

Welcome back, sugar! I'm glad you made it through!!!!!

Nancy gurl said...

Feel Better!!!!

ceedee said...

glad to hear there's few ill effects :)
I'm thinking about ya!

Lisa..... said...

Good to know your alive. And didn't I say I was sorry about the IV? ;)

fyrchk said...

Glad to hear all is well! And yay for peeing while laying down!