2.23.2009

Acceptance

This weekend I gave in and bought 6 new shirts. All designated with the size XL. I then audited my closet and threw out anything that had an M on the tag. I have to admit, wearing clothing that fits does wonders for my appearance. And not seeing those other clothes that stopped fitting long ago take up space in my closet is like a weight off my shoulders. I know I don't have to weigh as much as I do now and I will continue working on that. But I will not torture myself any longer. I won't be keeping track of everything I put in my mouth. I'll still walk the dog twice a day. I'll still do my best to eat healthy but I've come to terms with the fact that I'll likely never again wear a single digit sized item of clothing. Maybe if I go in the direction of not letting my weight be such a focal point in my life, things will come together nicely on their own. Clearly, obsessing about it hasn't worked thus far.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wearing clothes that actually fit makes a huge difference! In both directions, I've found. And when you look good, you feel good. So, yay!

hotdrwife said...

This was the best piece of advice a friend told me, exactly what you just said. Made throwing out the 6's a little easier.