1.08.2009

THC Withdrawal

While I haven't missed the beer nearly as much as I thought I might, smoking dope has been a completely different story altogether. Now you chime in: "It's been a completely different story."
Never mind.
I find that while I used to be entertained for hours by Scrabble games on the computer and random television, my evenings seem a bit more boring now. My programs don't seem to have the same pizazz. On the plus side - I haven't had the desire for late night snacks and junk food. Mostly I stopped smoking dope because of the munchie factor and my desire to drop the pounds before the wedding. I also have absolutely no memory and that concerns me. But I love it. I love smoking dope. There. I said it. Cuff me.
The worst "side effect" so far has been the oh-so-vivid dreams. Good lord. Last night I dreamed I was hanging out with the ex that dumped me when I was about 22 years old. He had just separated from his wife and was spending his birthday alone. I knew I was engaged and I knew if someone were to see us together there'd be trouble. Sure enough, his entire family came by. Then my family did. Then I was transported to Carriage Square which is now little more than abandoned buildings. I was being shot at by semi-automatic weapons out of the back of a Ford van. You know the kind - no windows, boxy, very 70s kidnapper van. Then I'm in Bakersfield checking out a house for my brother's friend Freddy Brown and I have no shirt on so I'm constantly trying to cover my boobies...
WTF?!?
Yeah. That's all. I miss the cannabis. It hasn't even been 4 whole days.

6 comments:

Coodence said...

The dreams are the WORST!!

I totally know the van. It's the one the libyans shoot out of in the beginning of Back to the Future.

ceedee said...

Dude, I totally had a dream about your finance and a model. Model car? Not sure. Mannequin? Yeah, that's it. Buzz and a mannequin. Haha. Too bad you weren't yelling at the KFC folks in Carriage Square. Fuuuuuuuck you!

Sassy said...

And what the hell do you dream when you are smokin'?!?! hehe

Lisa..... said...

I wanna go to Amsterdam and smoke weed. I only tried a few time when I was 19 and now I am a parent and I have a license (nursing) and crap. But think it would be fun to go try it out.

Sheen V said...

Interesting. I've never smoked anything and people say I have the weirdest dreams when I tell them about them. I wonder what weed would do?

Anonymous said...

ok i loved all your posts but i have a serious question. i would say im your average pothead; lets say about 3-4 bowl packs a day maybe a blunt once a week. on the in between days when i dont smoke such as having no money or can't get up with the dealer, i feel like complete shit. i get the shakes, my stomach hurts and even food won't help, ive lost my appetite and im a complete bitch to anyone in my path. please tell me this is not withdrawal symptoms even though im pretty sure it is...i've been smoking for about 5 years now and this "withdrawal" sensation just started within the last couple months. WTF is wrong with me.