12.15.2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Jury duty on Friday is lame. I spent the whole day reading Kate Atkinson's One Good Turn. I like it a lot. It did not, however, keep me entertained enough to help me avoid falling asleep and snoring in my chair. I hope someday someone finds a way to make jury duty effective and efficient because as of right now it is a huge waste of time and energy.
This weekend was one of those weekends that we didn't do anything highly significant but we got a lot done. Saturday was Christmas shopping. I am pleased to report I didn't lose my shit once at either Costco, Target or the mall. That in and of itself was so monumental we decided to join my brother and his wife for a celebratory dinner. Actually we were celebrating the end of the semester and my stellar grades but still. The restaurant we went to was referred to us solely because of the margaritas. My lord were they strong. I rarely get a good buzz on (ha, that's what she said) but this margarita took me to happy town in an instant. Not willing to let a good thing end, we went to T.G.I. Fridays afterward. I can say for the record their pomegranate margaritas have nothing on the ones they serve at Latigo Kid in Agoura Hills.
Sunday was seriously kick ass. We were busy and productive and didn't even have time for lunch. We got presents wrapped, the house clean, the dog washed... I mean we couldn't have done more than we did. But we did! I baked delicious cookie bars and Buzz made Miss Kitty his neighborhood famous carne asada tacos. She's going for surgery after all. It could very well be one of her last meals.
You know, I never realize how busy I am when school's in session but now that it is out I feel so relaxed. Like I have so much time to do whatever I want. It's a good feeling.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

"I rarely get a good buzz on ..."

Oh, the lies that you spin.