12.10.2008

School's Out For Winter!

UPDATE: Grades were posted. 2 Bs. 95/100 on my 5 page paper. Average grade? 86.

I'm not exactly sure where to go with today's post. My semester officially ended yesterday when I handed in a 5 page paper written entirely in Spanish. I got a B on Monday's final so that was awesome. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have until January 20th to chillax. No homework. No reading of text books. No papers to turn in. No tests to study for. No group projects to stress out over. It's such a fantastic feeling.
Winter break is just the right amount of time to be off school. It's only a month so you feel like you're getting a breather but it doesn't seem too long. By the time the three month break of summer is over I'm anxious to get back to school but not at all ready for the huge change of my daily schedule. Wait, did I just say I was anxious to go back to school? I sure did.
That makes me wonder, when the 6 classes and a capstone I have left are over, what the hell will I do with all my free time? I never liked school. I love learning but I never liked the rigidity of classes and tests. Now after 12 years of off and on, part-time college attendance, I can't imagine my life without it. Go figure.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: La universidad me ha convertido en un estudiante por vida que habla espaƱol.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

I, too, was in school for many years. It's amazing what you can do when you're not in school, like work out and cook good food.

And read good books.