12.18.2008

Reading For Pleasure!

I actually started One Good Turn on the flight back from Michigan back in October and never really picked it up again until the fall semester ended. I had read Kate Atkinson's Case Histories last November and I really enjoyed it. One Good Turn is the author's second fiction book starring Detective Jackson Brodie as the lead character. Once again she takes a half a dozen stories that seemingly have nothing to do with one another and ends up weaving them up nicely and neatly together by the end of the novel. I guess some would say this book is a character study and I doubt they'd be far off base. For me, I just like a good page turner and this happens to be one. I would recommend it if you are into murder mysteries that aren't utterly cliche. Atkinson has a fabulous ability to tell a good story and she has a fantastic sense of humor. It's taking all my will power to not run to the bookstore to purchase the hard cover of her third Brodie installment: When Will There Be Good News? So... Santa? If you're reading...

1 comment:

Coodence said...

Sounds good, ho!