11.24.2008

WALL·E

I will be the first to admit that I had no desire to see this movie when it was in the theater. I don't know why... maybe it was WALL·E's resemblance to the robot in Short Circuit. Either way? I didn't go to see it in the theater but I did watch my ma's DVD.
Can I just say that I was totally wrong about judging WALL·E by his appearance? It turns out he's the cutest darn robot west of the Mississippi. And EVE is Angelina Jolie animated robot style... At least in my opinion.
The first half of the movie is pretty much without dialogue though sound effects are a plenty. Even with a limited vocabulary, WALL·E captured this cold, black heart of mine. Need proof? I wept at the end. There. I said it. I wept.
And naturally for Pixar, John Ratzenberg voices a character. Of all the people in the world, I wonder how they picked Cliff Clavin. Sigourney Weaver is the ship's voice and she sounds just like a lullaby. Such a handsome woman.
Anywho, this disjointed blog post is a very serious recommendation. Buy the dang DVD. You won't regret it.

5 comments:

Buzz said...

That whole ending caught you broadside mb, nothing you could do.

Coodence said...

Just checking - why would the similarity to Short Circuit make you not want to view something?

Do you have some kind of problem with Ally Sheedy that I should know about? I mean really.

hotdrwife said...

Sigh. I love me some Short Circuit, I admit it.

Lisa..... said...

I personally found the movie frightening. I mean how long before we turn into those big blobs of flesh who only stare at screens all day? Crap, I think I already am that.

exile said...

i love short circut, as proof, i just bought short circut 2.

but let me say that when it comes to wall-e, i f'n loved this movie!

and while i didn't weep, i did get a little something caught in my eye *sniffle*