11.19.2008

A Delectable Fall Dessert

Moose's wife made this Apple Crisp for our engagement party while we were in Michigan. I made it myself this past weekend and it's just so yummy I have to share.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 13x19 pan.

Peel and thinly slice approximately 6 large apples until you have 8 cups of apple slices. I used green Granny Smith apples and they were absolutely delicious.
Combine your apple slices with the following ingredients and evenly distribute them in the pan:
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup flour

Blend the following ingredients until crumbly:
1 cup flour
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1-1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2/3 cup softened butter

Spread the crumble over the apples and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve with vanilla ice cream and it will resemble this:
In the haste of preparing dinner and dessert for 8 in our tineh apartment, I accidentally baked this scrumptious concoction with the pan covered in tin foil. It took away the "crisp" aspect of the desert but didn't take away from the taste. To "fix" what I'd done, I baked uncovered for another 5 minutes and my, did mouths water.
MORAL OF THAT STORY: There is such a thing as a happy accident.

4 comments:

Lisa..... said...

Yummy. I love apple crisp.

Coodence said...

Sounds delicious! I think you could probably do this with other fruits, too, like peaches. MMMMM.

Buzz said...

So does this mean I have to blog the paella recipe?

Andrea said...

You had me at "so yummy". You lost me at "peel and thinly slice..."