10.01.2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I think it's no secret by now that this cause is very close to my heart. Literally... like, there's my boob? And right underneath it is my heart. But seriously. My Grandma is a breast cancer survivor and raising funds and awareness has become a bit of a pet project for me.
As most of you know, BFF is doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in New York this weekend. It's a marathon, or a marathon and a half depending on your ability, over the course of two days. I participated in the Los Angeles walk back in 2004 and still wear the boob walk tee shirts every day when I walk the dog to remind me of what a huge deal all of it is: the cancer, the struggle, the people trying to raise money, the scientists trying to find a cure.
Please, if you give any donation at all this month, toss it over to BFF's fund raising efforts. She has already exceeded the minimum donation requirement, let's see if we can't get that number a bit higher before this weekend.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Breast cancer affects each and every one of us. It is blind to gender. We can make a difference.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

Hooray!! Thanks for the plug, ho!

ceedee said...

well said!