9.24.2008

Punctuation Day

When BFF, Babe and I were in Berlin we happened upon a lovely biergarten where we decided to spend pretty much the entirety of our final day. It was a glorious place shrouded in trees and we made a bet that the first person to get shat upon by a bird would not have to buy drinks for the rest of the day. Wouldn't you know it? Just as Babe and I were meeting her at the bathroom to leave after getting a five finger discount on some authentic German stein glasses, a bird shit on her face.
Boy. Did Babe and I laugh.
Then a couple Sundays ago, Buzz and I took a long, leisurely stroll to a car show at the harbor. While we were there, we stumbled upon a vendor that had soft serve ice cream cones. Seeing as those are one of my favorite snacks, we got one swirl cone and shared it. As we were walking back home, I noticed a white smear on his brown tee and though he had spilled a bit of soft serve on himself. Nope. A bird had shit upon him.
Did a bird just shit on my shirt?
Boy. Did I laugh.
Then this past Sunday, Crusty, her beau, Buzz and I went to Santa Barbara. While I was enjoying the beautiful, sunshiny day beneath the shade of a palm tree I felt a splat upon my left forearm. From my wrist to my elbow there was a giant, wet splatter of bird shit. Sadly, there is no photographic evidence of said incident as I am the photographer and I make the executive decisions on what photographs should be taken. But even if there was? You'd likely not want to see it as it was a biggun.
Boy. Did Buzz laugh.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Karma's a bitch.

6 comments:

Buzz said...

Totally, and the splat was audible.

And boy did I laugh.

Andrea said...

*tries not to laugh so I don't also get shat upon*

Renewed said...

Poop is always funny...when it happens to someone else.

Lisa..... said...

My mom used to tell me when I was a kid not to look up with my mouth open or I might get bird shit in my mouth (classy, huh?). I still keep my mouth closed when I look up.

And thanks for the nice comment.

Sassy One said...

They say it's good luck!

For who I don't know...the photographer most likely.

april said...

When I was a kid my dad and I would go fishing a lot. Just about every single time we went, a pelican would drop a turd right on his head. And like you, I would laugh.