9.23.2008

My Summer Vacation

BFF has a blog post about writing a wee summary of how we spent our summer vacation. I think that is a fantastic suggestion because TMI Tuesday is a bit racy today. I don't care to discuss what I have inserted into my sexual partners. Anyhoo...
This summer vacay (which I assume started at the end of June) was spent like most summer vacays in the past: watching Dodger baseball either live or on our huge HD television. Buzz and I also moved into a new apartment near the beach so we spent a lot of time getting settled and enjoying BBQs and the ocean side together. There's nothing like fireworks on a homemade quilt spread over the sand. We hit the Salsa Festival in downtown Oxnard. We watched a lot of movies. We went to the Dallas Cowboys training camp. We spent a weekend down in SD with BFF and her family. And most of all? We prepped for the wedding that finally came to its end last weekend.
In hindsight, I would have liked to have read for pleasure a little more but other than that it was a great summer. It makes me realize how nice it was to have all that free time. Now I'm in school and I can barely find time to breathe. Silly Randi - the grass is always greener on the other side. Someday I will learn.
So tell me! How was your summer?

4 comments:

Antonio Candeliere said...

very good

Andrea said...

Hmm. What did I do this summer? I went to Arizona and Colorado and had splendid times in each place. And I went to the pool. And walked my dogs. And had my 36th birthday, which was awesome. And met new people. And um...went to WV. Went to movies. Decided to go to Ireland! And that may be it. Not too bad, I don't suppose.

april said...

My summer was GREAT!! I was able to share it with a wonderful man. We did a lot of fun things together. And I went on a vacation for the first time since my honeymoon in 2003.

Sassy One said...

My summer was awesome, but it went by way too fast! It was great to do things and see them through Mason's eyes. So much fun.