9.18.2008

I Got A Jones For Bones

I am not even really sure how this happened but I have suddenly become a fan of the Fox show Bones. Then again, I'm not exactly sure why I wouldn't be a fan:
  • It stars David Boreanaz a.k.a. Angel from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
  • I read and loved Teasing Secrets from the Dead written by a forensic anthropologist which is essentially what the show is based on.
  • Much like Stanley on The Office, I love my mystery stories.
  • There's a cast member from Freaks and Geeks (The Judd Apatow connection).
However, there is a certain amount of CSI-like cheese associated to it. And Dr. Temperance "Bones" Bennet, played by Emily Deschanel almost comes across like an animated cardboard cut out. I like her! I really do... I just don't know why...
Last night, Cesar Millan of The Dog Whisperer fame was a guest star. The episode was about dog fighting. During a commercial break they ran this PSA. Watch a little bit of it. Does it disturb you too to see the mouths of animals move?
Ugh. Terrible.
Anyway, Hump Days at 8 on Fox. Give the show a try if you want to. I like it.

5 comments:

Coodence said...

Dude, I love Angel.

Coodence said...

And, I'm so glad to hear you watching network TV! Very refreshing.

Sassy One said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bones!!

I've also had some pretty naughty dreams about agent Booth....

Andrea said...

It made me cry. There. I said it. That creepy assed PSA made me cry. With the sad doggy eyes and the sad tales of woe. I'm crying!

I'm a sucker for some dogs, man...

Lisa..... said...

I LOVE David Boreanaz