8.06.2008

We've Hit The Hump

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you feel you're sort of at the end of your rope? That was this week for me. Or rather, has been this week for me. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that last week I was super spoiled because I got to go to back to back Dodger games and spend extra time with my honey. This past weekend was also super fun-filled because we got to see a movie and go to the fair and see professional football players practicing in my tiny home town that is unlikely to ever host its own NFL team.
At work we're going through a pretty big transition with a bunch of new hires and we are transferring over to a new computer program. Tensions are running a bit high. Add to that the fact that my Bossman is borderline paranoid schizophrenic and has the unfortunate combination of low self esteem and high expectations, and you've got a recipe for disaster. I'm not crazy about a nasty tone of voice. I dislike chaos and disorder. Frankly, I'm already medicated daily and I don't think there is much more I can do to dodge the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune (man am I stoked I got to do Hamlet in 8th grade).
Last night I was sort of at my breaking point so I decided it was time to pamper myself a bit. I went and got a haircut from a new lady. Her name was Katt (not to be mistaken with "The Cat") and she massaged my scalp and my neck and shoulders and in the span of a mere 30 seconds took away most of the tension I'd been carrying in those very spots of my body. After that, Kiyah and I went on a long, brisk walk and I proceeded to make the laundry my bitch. Guests are coming so I stripped the spare bed and such. Man. That was a lot of labor and sweat. But guess what? It took my mind off the bullshit at work and made me feel good. Crazy right?
I'm not sure where I'm going with this but that's just the way it is today.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Idle hands are the devil's workshop but sometimes a bitch just needs a haircut and half a bottle of Riesling.

1 comment:

Buzz said...

I think it's a good thing that you're self aware enough to know when you need some pampering. There are a lot of people who just grind and grind and never stop to enjoy themselves.

Being with you has taught me that it's ok, and completely necessary.