8.13.2008

Reality Check Humpday

When Buzz moved up here he brought a washer and dryer with him. I was so excited. I have never as an adult had my own washer and dryer. I've used my parents' stuff, used the stuff that belonged to people I've lived with and I've used a laundromat. But this was going to be our stuff. In our house. So cool.
Unfortunately, we had problems with the dryer from the get go. The plug didn't match the socket. No heat. So we resorted to doing the wash at home and drying at the laundromat. No biggie. The washer, however, decided to stop doing its spin cycle all together last night. So I was left with soaking wet clothes I wouldn't even really consider dragging to the laundromat. Needless to say, this is sort of irritating but not terrible. I mean, I easily brought it all over to my ma this morning and it will get done. Spin and dry.
In addition to that mild irritant, our couch was somewhat damaged in the move and I've been stuck with a wobbly arm for about two months. Rather than be bothered with it any longer, I dismantled the couch last night and repaired the damn thing. Another problem solved. So what happens next? The computer takes a shit. My charger no longer works and I was unable to post my 365 picture, play Scrabble or surf the web.
All of this sort of culminated into me becoming a super bitch on PMS and I proceeded to act a bit like a spoiled brat and be not-so-nice to my loving and caring fiance. So when I came into work and saw an email from my uncle that his husband's recently discovered cancer was becoming even more serious, I wanted to slap myself a bit. All my problems? Will be fixed with a little bit of overspending. Hub's "problem" is out of his hands completely. It's up to doctors and treatment and faith. Sort of puts things in perspective doesn't it?

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Count your blessings instead of your misfortunes.

P.S. For all of you religious folks out there, please say a prayer for Hub and for all those without a prayer, maybe drop a dime for cancer research.
Thanks.

4 comments:

Sassy One said...

You got my prayers.
Sometimes a little perspective goes a long way. I recently got a good dose of it and am thankful for the life I have been blessed with.

Although, I do hope you get your washer and dryer fixed....

fyrchk said...

I am absolutely praying for your Uncle's Husband. (Do you also call him Uncle? I do, but not everyone does.)

Isn't it crazy how a little dose of reality really puts stuff in perspective?

Thinking good thoughts for you, your Uncle(s), and the washer and dryer!

And, if you ever need to chew ass again, instead of Buzz, call me, I have some to spare. :)

Nancy said...

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. he is in my prayers of course!

Lisa..... said...

Cancer sucks. I will pray for your uncles husband.