8.21.2008

Quitter

So remember not that long ago when I asked you guys for ideas for my 365 group on Flickr? Yeah. I already quit. Frankly I'm impressed I made it 35 days. You see, my laptop at home has decided it needs to go to the emergency room so there's that. Also? I think I have enough going on right now that I don't need to try and squeeze in an additional daily task. I think there's a group called A Year of Sundays. Maybe I'll try that one instead.
Realistically I just can't keep giving myself stuff to do. My number one priority is losing weight. Well, maybe it's school. Or the gym. Or my yard. Or my family. Or my fiance. Either way, I know it's not photography which happens to be my hobby - something to do for fun.
I noticed I wasn't really giving those pictures my all anyway. I don't find myself to be that interesting of a subject so I was mostly just phoning it in. Doing the minimum to git'r'done. That's not my style. I'm pretty proud that I was able to recognize I might have been on the verge of overwhelming myself and rather than have a nervous breakdown, I was able to nip it in the bud.
Look at me. Growing up.

4 comments:

Buzz said...

Year of Sundays seems more your style...

Andrea said...

I don't know how A Year of Sundays is set up, but if you need an invite I can send you one. I'm a member of that one, too. Hee.

Coodence said...

Well played. They sure are funny pictures, though, so maybe the Sunday one is a good idear? Ha!

fyrchk said...

When you said you had signed up, I was impressed, because I thought to myself, "There's no way I could think of 10 pictures, let alone 365."

I'm in awe that you thought of 35.