7.14.2008

Skadouche.

Saturday was our Asian Fusion day. We started off with a matinee of Kung Fu Panda and then we went to the Obon Festival at the Buddhist Temple for some Udon and deliciously flavored Teriyaki chicken and beef. Too bad we couldn't manage to squeeze in a visit with Miss Kitty as she is half-Japanese and our plans were foiled to partake in a Vietnamese or Korean dinner. Oh well. Next year.
Anyway, back to the flick. Buzz and I have decided this is probably one of the best movies we have seen this summer. Is anyone more hilarious than Jack Black? I just don't think so. He makes me laugh so hard I think I'll pee myself. Add to that Seth Rogen as Mantis and I'm just as pleased as punch.
This was a great story with lots of laughs. The animation is awesome. The voices are perfectly matched to the characters. It still amazes me that cartoons lately trump most real life action movies I've seen.
And Lord help me, Angelina Jolie is in this one too and I just love her. I do. I crossed over and I think she's just swell. Congrats on birthin' the twins. Good luck conquering the world.

4 comments:

Buzz said...

Na, I figured it out...

"skadooosh"

Lisa..... said...

Lucky you. I had to sit through Hancock and I can't say it was the best movie I've seen this summer. Not second best. not third best....you get the idea.

Ang said...

We used to go to the Obon Festival when we were little. I loved it!

Coodence said...

Dude - watched this on the plane and laughed so loud so often I think people felt sorry for the poor special girl sitting in the front of the plane. It made me giddy I loved it so much.