7.16.2008

Here We Go Again

As BFF so eloquently stated, this year is halfway over. Now it's time for me to shit or get off the pot as far as my new year's resolution for a leaner, meaner me. I don't know if I have shared this information with you before but on September 20th I get to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding. I don't know if you recall the last time I was a bridesmaid, but it was almost exactly two years ago. That particular dress drove me to hire a trainer at the gym and go on Weight Watchers. That day was probably the least I've weighed ever since.
Since then I have put on about twenty pounds. That's ten pounds a year. I guess that is about normal for those of us that pay no mind to what we put in our mouth, but it is not acceptable. So on Monday I started another diet. I know, I know. We have been down this road before. But rather than do extreme shit, I decided to just cut about 500 calories a day from my diet and walk an hour a day. So far so good. I haven't been drinking beer at night or popping bite sized candies and junk food in my mouth every thirty seconds in the office. I walk Kiyah once in the morning and once at night. I figure eventually I will go to the gym... probably next week though. One thing at a time.
My goal is to lose 10 pounds by my brother's wedding, 25 by my own in April of '09. I will be keeping a diet blog so that this one won't turn into "All I Think About Is Weight: A Never Ending Rant by Randi." I think it's going to be the least interesting reading of all time but I think it will help me.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Sure, the boy cried wolf more than he should have but eventually that wolf showed up didn't he? Yes he did.

4 comments:

Coodence said...

That's right, dude. He did show up eventually! Good call.

Lisa..... said...

I need to get rid of ten pouds too. Maybe I'll be motivated by you.

Andrea said...

I was thinking of putting on a few pounds before April. Would that be wrong? OH, I keed.

I still say you look lovely, but you do what you wanna do to be happy.

*scarfs burrito*

Katy said...

My husband cut out beer at night on weekdays and dropped a gazillion pounds. Men suck...LOL