7.27.2008

The Fuckin' Catalina Wine Mixer

Who or what do I love more than Will Ferrell? It's hard to say. I've been waiting for Step Brothers for too long. I was almost insulted when Buzz suggested we wait until a Saturday matinee because I am a firm believer that Will Ferrell deserves full price. No bargains. Then I got super happy when that first beer hit my lips and we couldn't go on Friday night anyway. Go figure.
Back to the movie. Um... it is really stupid. Like, I like stupid but this one pushes it a bit. For a while I couldn't determine whether these characters were retarded. Special? Is that more PC? Either way, Reilly and Ferrell have a platform to act like a couple of 8 year-olds with hardly a plot to guide them.
That's not to say I didn't laugh. I laughed. Believe me. I have physical proof. I literally split the seams of my shorts when I bellowed out my first guffaw. At first I thought it was only the side of my shorts but when I removed them at home, the crotch was blown out as well. That just goes to teach me that I shouldn't be buying fabrics that don't have the stretch option.
I guess you can tell by that last paragraph that I don't have much to say about this one. I don't want to say anything bad because, I mean, it's a Will Ferrell movie... but yeah... I don't have too many good things to say about it either.
Buzz was right about the matinee. Atta boy.

5 comments:

Sassy One said...

Maybe you busted out the crotch of your shorts with a queef?

exile said...

my mom always says "if you have nothing nice to say... then you probably know my son"


i guess that could apply to the movie too

Lisa..... said...

Oh I sooo want it to be good. I was looking forward to it.

april said...

I heard from a few people that this was a stupid movie, which you just confirmed. I had no intentions of seeing it because I cannot STAND Will Ferrell. (sorry) My boyfriend and I were just talking about him yesterday. He agreed that his comedy is the same in EVERY.SINGLE.MOVIE and it's just gotten really really really old. I don't think it takes much talent to act as stupid as he does. Sorry this comment turned into a Will Ferrell bashing, so I'll stop now.

Hope things are going well for you...from catching up on your posts, it sounds like it!! I'm happy for you!

Katy said...

I have a friend who chose to see hat over The DArk Knight....I mean come on. If I am going to get a damn sitter, I want to get my moneys worth and I lvoe Will Farrell movies on netflix...lol...kidding. He is worth a matinee....lol