6.01.2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

BFF and I had an elaborate plan to see this movie when we were in Berlin but sunshine and biergartens happened and we never got around to seeing Indy dubbed in Deutsch. Then Buzz came to Oxnard and we decided to go to a matinee on a lovely Saturday afternoon. Not quite the same but equally wonderful.
First and foremost, the score of Indy's theme music gives me a boner. Secondly? Harrison Ford is closing out his 60s and he's still as hot as he was when the third Indiana Jones wrapped almost twenty years ago. And finally, Shia LeBeouf is my boyfriend.
I've been doing my best to avoid spoilers, reviews and word on the street about this movie for a while because I've been so excited anticipating its arrival. I loved the trilogy when it was one and the nostalgia of it all had me giddy as a school girl. Then people started saying things about aliens and I wondered WTF I was walking into. I worried a bit that another movie might kill the magic but guess what, you guys?!? It totally rocked.
Seriously, this? This is what a movie should be. Original story line. Great acting. Neat special effects. Humor. Swash buckling adventure. Some yucky stuff to make your skin crawl and a bit of mysticism. I thought that Crystal Skull stayed very true to the other three movies and the way it ended leads me to believe Mr. LeBeouf might be filling Mr. Ford's fedora sooner than later. One can only hope any follow up movies will do the same kind of justice to Indy's legacy as this one did.

2 comments:

Hella said...

Hey Randi!!
I had to stop by and first off apologizing for being so late on this comment I am about to leave.
Secondly CONGRATS on the engagement!!!!!
I am sooooo very happy for you and Buzz!!!
I wish you two all the happiness in the world!!!!
BIG HUGS!!!

Lisa..... said...

I AGREE wholeheartedly!