4.16.2008

Making Morals Out Of Molehills

I did it, you guys. I went to the gym just like I told BFF I would. I could have stayed home having a pity party with my Aunt Flo and the cramps she brought along with her but I sucked it up and toughed it out. Luckily, the ceiling and walls did not collapse around me as I entered Bally Total Fitness. I can't even remember the last time I was there... definitely February but I don't think since then. I walked a brisk walk on the treadmill, broke a sweat, did some stretches and hightailed it to the market for a basketful of healthy meal items. Time to shit or get off the pot as the old saying goes. Sunshine plus warm weather equals short sleeves and Lord knows I don't want to be caught running around with chicken cutlets where my toned upper arms should be. I've got a bridesmaid dress in my near future and we all know that shit will be sleeveless so it's time to get a jump on the physical fitness. Holler.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Do rather than speak. You'll see results faster that way.

P.S. 26 more days

6 comments:

Buzz said...

You said Market.

AND chicken cutlet.

Good post Randi, keep the big mouth shut and DO. Roger.

not said...

It is sooo much easier to talk than walk, isn't it? But you're right on. The only one that combats the "bat wing arms" is the walking....or the weights. Whatever. You know what I mean!

Rock on.

Jawn said...

Words to live by..word up!

Andrea said...

What is this....gym that you speak of?

exile said...

so you're bring'n sexy back...

Lisa..... said...

Ok, ok, I get the point. I need to start exercising. These ten pounds aren't going anywhere on their own and my summer clothes don't want them.