4.28.2008

Baby Mama

I'm a sucker for corn rows and manicured toes... Whoa, Nelly. I just brought back E.I.! What I meant to say was: I am a sucker for movies born of Saturday Night Live alumni. I can't help it. It goes as far back as Chevy Chase and Steve Martin (who just happens to have a hilarious supporting role in Baby Mama) and really had the deal sealed with Tommy Boy and The Wedding Singer - two of my favorite movies of all time.
Baby Mama definitely brought the laughs but Buzz apparently found it very predictable because on at least two separate occasions he pretty much blurted out what would happen next. I, on the other hand, try not to read too far into a movie and just enjoy myself (edit: when it comes to movies like this). Which I did. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are a fantastic comedic duo. The script is mediocre at best but they make it work. Just looking at these two gorgeous, hilarious, intelligent women kept a smile on my face the entire running time of the movie.
Do I think you should see it? Sure. An air conditioned matinee is nice on one of the hottest days of April in Oxnard. Free is nicer. I don't know that I'd drop the ten bucks to see it on a date night though. Be sure to keep an eye out for Sigourney Weaver if you do go. It's nice to see her on the big screen again.

OH! And one more thing...
TWO MORE WEEKS

2 comments:

Coodence said...

Yay! This looks hilarious.

BTW, this "try not to read too far into a movie and just enjoy myself." is not true.

Buzz said...

I'll do my best to keep the big yapper shut next time.

You love yourself some Fey, yes you do!


B.