12.05.2007

Once Upon A Time

I finally made it to the movies last night! Flanked by both my folks and my HLP, I took in Enchanted. I have been a lifelong fan of Disney animation and when I saw the trailers for this a few months ago, I squealed and made a declaration that I would see it in the theater. Well better late than never right? This movie not only shows that Disney has a sense of humor about their fantasy fairy tales, but the dang thing is set in my most favoritest of places - New York City. Amy Adams is amazing as a cartoon princess come to life and her positivity and naivete is contagious. Susan Sarandon has found her niche as a wicked stepmother and Pip the chipmunk is definitely a crowd-pleaser. And Patrick Dempsey? You can forget about this Dr. McDreamy nonsense, you will always be nerdy Ronald from Can't Buy Me Love to me. As disgusting as it was to see cockroaches, rats and pigeons tidying up an apartment, the accompanying music is absolutely hilarious, as is the random song and dance sequence in Central Park. There is really nothing I didn't like about this movie. Three cheers for cheesy love stories and living happily ever after.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I always think of McDreamy as the pizza delivery kid in Loverboy. :)

Itchy said...

Me too, Jessica!

I've created my own fairy tale of happily ever after that doesn't require a pizza delivery boy or a Prince Charming.

Happily Ever After for all! Even for us spinster dog ladies. :)

Ang said...

I really liked the movie too..It was cute!

Rach said...

My honeys saw this recently with their Dad and they loved it too. Can't wait for GOlden Compass to come out, am so lusting after Daniel Craig, who does actually knock Patrick Dempsey out of the water

Lisa..... said...

I love Can't Buy Me Love!