11.20.2007

Mecca

Do you know of this place? After our visit to the Wild Animal Park and a hearty dinner at Claim Jumpers, Buzz and I decided to call it an evening, grab a six pack and watch a DVD rather than go out to the theater as there isn't really anything playing that we're super excited about right now. Before I go any further, how about that last sentence? That was over fifty words long. Wow. Anywho, I foolishly suggested that we stop at Ralph's since it was in spitting distance. Buzz pretty much scoffed at that idea and told me we were heading to the Bevmo. As we were driving there I wondered to myself, "What exactly is a Bevmo?" when its red sign shone like a beacon through the night. Directly in front of me was essentially a warehouse of alcohol: every type of beer, wine or hard liquor you could possibly think of. Anything and everything affiliated with drinking could be found in this amazing place including but not limited to the Margarator and a rolling weenie cooker like you'd find at your local 24-hour convenience store. All the while we were shopping I was planning a return to San Diego with a semi-truck to load up on all the liquid goodies my little heart desired. Little did I know, a Bevmo exists in Thousand Oaks, a mere 20 minute drive away. I felt like Christopher Columbus discovering the new world and quickly proceeded to interrogate everyone I knew whether they knew of this amazing place. What shocked me more than anything was that my family as well as several of my closest friends and coworkers already knew of Bevmo's existence. How could they withhold such valuable information when they know I am a booze hound? Did no one care about me and my needs? Then, to add insult to injury, while I was watching Court TV last night per usual, an advertisement ran for Bevmo. I believe there is a conspiracy against me.

4 comments:

Coodence said...

Sorry dude. I knew about it, too.

ceedee said...

Never heard of it! You're not the only one....
LYLAS!

Buzz said...

I'm just glad you didn't go all weak knee'd, and kept your composure enough to even give insight to the young college drinkers about Mississippi Mud...

That was a fun little trip, and now I've got a discount card... Giggity giggity gig-it-y.


Happy Turkey Day!

B.

Sassy One said...

Really?!?! Such a place exists?!