10.18.2007

Karma

I can't say I'm the most religious person but I try to live my life by the Golden Rule, to treat others the way I'd like to be treated. Mind you, this rule goes out the window when it comes to coworkers, close friends and family, but for the most part, I think I'm a pretty nice gal. I smile at people, say my pleases and thank yous and generally try to be pleasant and well-mannered. Often times, those things go unreturned and unnoticed but that's ok, because karma is a bitch and she'll get them tenfold. However, this morning I had some good karma coming my way. I went to my favorite Chevron station to get gas for Vehicular and when I went to the counter to pay I started to cough. This dry fall weather plus the remnants of the cold my nephew shared with me have left me with an itchy throat. So I apologized to the cashier for coughing near his person and blamed the weather. We exchanged smiles and as I was leaving he said to me, "Do me a favor. Grab one of those packages of Halls off the rack." I did as he asked and went to hand him the cough drops when he told me they were for me. On the house. Now that? Is some good stuff. Just remember that eventually you'll get what you give, people. Moral of the story and all that.

1 comment:

exile said...

people are so nice when you're cute, good job randi