9.27.2007

I Go Out Walking

Stuffy. Menstrual. Achy. Sleepy. Stressed. Poor. Unmotivated. Those would be the names of my internal Seven Dwarfs. Vehicular ended up costing a lot of money yesterday. I had gone in thinking it would be the expensive service, got the good news it was actually the $100 service and by the time I picked her up, she'd acquired about $500 worth of charges. I know she's worth it, but I'm broke as a joke and this is the last thing I needed. It's tough being single and living alone but I do it because it's liberating and if it doesn't kill me it will only make me stronger. But considering it's my time of the month and I've been feeling less than stellar lately with a cold that won't quit, I sort of got burnt out last night.
When I got home from work, I threw on my walking shoes and my MP3 player and headed out the door for a solid, 45-minute walk. Something about the autumn air really refreshed me. Being alone. Working up a sweat. Singing along. I was invigorated. I'm either super gung-ho about diet and exercise, like when I was on my allergy diet, or I'm falling off the wagon and eating candy and fast food like a college freshman on her own for the first time. There has to be a balance. I have to believe that if I took better care of myself and ate properly, I wouldn't have so many aches and pains and wouldn't feel like sleeping constantly. Frankly, I'd rather not have 6 different prescriptions to get my bowels moving, to level my thyroid, or alleviate my depression. I just want to be healthy. And if a side-effect of a healthy lifestyle is a slimmer bod, well more power to me. But for the first time it's not about the size of my clothes or how I look in a swimsuit. It's simply about feeling good.

3 comments:

exile said...

poor randi, you need an ovary massage

hotdrwife said...

Wow. I had something all witty to put in this comment space, but exile pretty much just made me laugh.

I hope you are doing better. Sorry about the car, the aches and pains, the meds, the works.

Rach said...

I am right with you on this rant, mirrors my own stuff going on. And being single makes it all worse doesn't it. At least you have us to winge and moan to. Great rant by the way.
x