9.02.2007

Coincidence? I Think Not

For the Daily Double: Movies set in October featuring boobs. What is the theme of Randi's viewing on Saturday, Alex? Correct!
It sure has been a while since I actually rented a DVD so I thought I would give my two cents on the one I watched last night: Beerfest, brought to you by the good people that gave cinematic life to Super Troopers. First and foremost I would like to say that Cloris Leachman is truly underrated. I think the time she spent on The Facts of Life overshadowed her comedic ability. She is a goofy old broad and in Beerfest she gets to reinvent Frau Bl├╝cher as a whore of a great grandmother. And is there anything funnier than people drunk on beer or the dangers of drinking from a glass in the shape of a boot? And on that note, is there anything more appealing than Oktoberfest, an event centered around beer drinking and sausage consumption? This movie is seriously funny, especially when accompanied with three or more Fat Tires. Jay Chandrasekhar is an absolute riot in his dry presentation and his drunken/fantasy/love scene sequence is truly hysterical. Oh Mo'Nique. After a season of Charm School, seeing you in this only makes me love you more. I don't know how this one slipped under my radar but a shout out goes to Buzz for his recommendation. It's a gem.

1 comment:

Buzz said...

I knew you'd dig it the most....