8.09.2007

Nothin'

There was a 4.5 magnitude earthquake at 12:59 a.m. I was lying in bed, buck nekked, wondering if it was worth it to jump up, get dressed and find a doorway. Eventually I decided to just go back to sleep.

Last week I read Miracle in the Andes: 72 Days on the Mountain and My Long Trek Home by Nando Parrado. There was a biography about this as well as a movie called Alive. It's the story of a Uruguayan rugby team that crashed in the Andes in 1972 and resorted to cannibalism to survive for over two months after all hope of their survival was gone. Neither the biography nor the movie captured it like Parrado's autobiographical tale, however. A very inspirational and against all odds sort of tale.

E has three new teeth coming in up top. Two already on the bottom. How is it that he's not even 10 months old yet but he's a grown man? He weighs 24 pounds. Whopper of a boy he is.

Since my tonsillectomy, I can no longer make my Chewbacca/Jetson's car sound with my uvula. This is a sad realization because it truly is the only talent I possess.


Yeah. That's it.

4 comments:

Sassy One said...

I remember them eating the butt of some dead guy in the movie...

No chewy noises.
A shame. A crying shame.

Coodence said...

I remember that part, too. When they ate the butt.

Buzz said...

everything went blurry after "butt nekkid"


my bad.

-buzz

David's Traveling said...

If I'm going to get creamed in an earthquake I *better* be butt naked in bed...

and I better not be alone...

I need to make a list of the best ways to go... (probably be naked in all of them)