8.28.2007

Back To School

Last night was my first time back on campus since the end of the Spring semester. A lot has changed over there, that's for sure. New buildings have sprouted up everywhere. Even the bookstore was moved. To the top of a fucking mountain. It was about 80 degrees when I got to Camarillo, quite the shock considering Oxnard was about 10 degrees cooler. So by the time I parked a mile from my class and went on an uphill hike to buy my book, I was a bit sweaty. And? Running totally late. I had five minutes to get from the top of Mount Kilimanjaro back to sea level so I did what anyone in my predicament would do. I scanned the parking lot and found an unsuspecting victim that was getting in his car and I asked him to drive me to my class. God, I love being 30 and having no inhibitions. He may have been startled but I introduced myself and promised not to hurt him. Neither he nor I had any idea where Manzanita Hall was but he managed to navigate us right to the doorstep of my classroom so I could promptly be in my seat for the first word of my Human Resources Management lecture. Nothing like a little curbside service. Poor guy. I wonder if I should have asked him to wait there for two and a half hours so he could drive me back to my car...

3 comments:

Buzz said...

At least you have a kickass new phone though, right?

Sassy One said...

You kick ass.

Coodence said...

was he cute?! heehee.