7.24.2007

Reverting to Childhood

Ok, seriously? What is going on here? Last night I got 12 hours of sleep. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. I'll let you do the math. I have a terrible cough that makes me sound like a barking seal. Also? I'm filling my free time reading a children's book (currently at page 258 out of 759):

and I had this for dinner:

In a couple of days, I'm getting my tonsils taken out. Re-read what I just wrote. Would you think I was 13 or 30? And as far as the tonsils go, I went for my pre-op appointment at the hospital yesterday. The doctor's office scheduled me a 1:45 appointment, at which I arrived promptly, only for the hospital to tell me they had yet to receive doctor's orders for the surgery. So I waited. For two hours. Until they finally got the release there. One would think I was having major reconstructive surgery rather than a simple tonsillectomy but all of my paperwork is now complete, my blood has been taken and I'm scheduled to go in on Friday at 7 a.m. for a 9:30 tonsillectomy. Any and all "Get Well Soon" gifts will be much appreciated.

My Amazon.com Wish List

3 comments:

Shora said...

Here's to being childlike!

I picked up my pre-ordered copy of Harry Potter on Saturday and could NOT put it down until I finished it after midnight on Sunday night. Awesome!

Itchy said...

I read Harry Potter.

I drink chocolate milk out of a Mickey Mouse and/or a Kermit the Frog glass.

I wear a Mickey Mouse watch. Daily.

I skip for no reason.

I laugh when I hear the word "lycopene."

I can keep going...

Sassy One said...

I haven't picked up my copy yet! I'm a bad bad (bad!) fan! I should be done reading it by now!

I'll be thinking of you Friday :)